Work Place First Aid (Approved Person)Make a booking enquiry
The delegate will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibility of a First Aider
- Manage a first aid incident/emergency
- Identify the level of the first aid required and appropriate course of action
- Be able to administer basic life support techniques across a wide range of conditions
- Effective incident reporting and communication/handover to emergency services
- Role and responsibility of a First Aider
- Training subjects covered:
- Accident reporting
- Incident Assessment
- Cross contamination prevention
- Signs and symptoms
- Minor injuries and foreign objects
- Bleeding & Burns
- Diabetes (Hypoglycaemia)
- Heat Exhaustion
- Chest Injuries (Foreign Objects)
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Anaphylactic shock
- Choking & not breathing (practical)
- Spinal Injury
- Stoke (CVA)
- CPR (practical)
- De-fibrillation (practical)
- Recovery position (practical)
- First aid kit familiarisation
Recommended For: Relevant for nominated First Aiders in higher risk working environments e.g. Construction, manufacturing or chemical plants or where you require a broader knowledge to deal with a wider treatment of medical conditions.
Duration: Approximately 3 days
Certification: Meeting the training legislative requirements of the HSE (Health & Safety Executive) a certificate of completion will be awarded and a first aid guide issued compliant with UK and Valid for 3 years, yearly 1 day refresher training recommended.
Cost: £2,565 for up to a maximum of 12 delegates (£213.75 per delegate plus VAT) .
Open courses for individuals £225.00 per delegate plus VAT (click here for the next training session available) 4 practical sessions guaranteed for every delegate.
Note: Due to the practical nature of this course we recommend that delegates wear flat shoes and trousers.
A light lunch and refreshments will be provided (please inform us of any dietary requirements)