Welcome to Normit – Resilience specialists for Business and Organisations
Resilient organisations are stronger, better prepared and adaptable and can survive disruptions
Normit works to promote and increase Resilience, Emergency Planning and Business Continuity throughout the UK by providing high quality support, training, exercises and consultancy to businesses and organisations.
We are the leading experts in our field working closely with organisations of all sizes from the public, private and voluntary sectors. Our specialist trainers are from all types of industry ensuring that we use our experience to provide you with an expert service, developing the Resilience of your organisation.
Our aim is to increase resilience throughout the UK by providing high quality support, training and consultancy to businesses and organisations by:
- Promoting Business Continuity and Emergency Planning
- Providing high quality, cost effective guidance, training and exercise facilitation
- Providing a platform, through the Normit Network, to enable the sharing of best practice and lessons identified
- Provision of Business Continuity support and advice in line with the requirements of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
The Normit Network
The Normit Network Membership is free to join and comprises of organisations in the business, voluntary and public sectors committed to strengthening and enhancing their own resilience and that of their community through collaborative actions. The network contributes to the development of resilient organisations and communities through the promotion of emergency planning and business continuity best practices.
Benefits of being a member:
Access to training and consultancy services to enhance your skills, knowledge and attitudes in emergency planning and business continuity management at competitive rates.
Sharing of knowledge, experience and best practice through a variety of channels including networking events, publications and the use of relevant social media.
Access to high quality exercise design and facilitation.
Development of mutual support in the event of a major emergency or significant business disruption.
- Emergency Loggist Course ( Half Day)
- Managing Emergencies for Managers (Half Day)
- Emergency Management for small businesses (TBC)
- Emergency Management for Voluntary Organisations (TBC)
- Emergency Management for Schools (TBC)
Business Continuity Management is part of Business Survival. It’s not a complex subject and doesn’t necessarily take up vast resources and time. Time spent now can prevent a major disruption turning into disaster for your business. Business Continuity is…simply knowing and understanding your business.
- Business Continuity workshop (Full Day)
- Business Continuity for Managers (Half Day)
- Business continuity for small businesses 2 hours (TBC)
- Business continuity for voluntary organisations (TBC)
- Business continuity for schools (TBC)
We have written a selection of free to download resources to help small to medium sized business develop their own Business Continuity Management processes.
(Click to download)
There are lots of different ways you can contact Normit.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone us on 01603 222016
- Business Continuity Institute
- Business Link
- Norfolk Chambers of Commerce
- Federation of Small Business
- Business in the Community
Weather and flooding