Breathing Apparatus (B.A) – InitialMake a booking enquiry
The delegate will be able to:-
- Understand the effects and safety requirements of wearing Breathing Apparatus on the body
- Name the basic components of a B.A set
- Understand the electronic/mechanical gauge
- Understand how to put a B.A cylinder on the set
- To show competency on a visual and high pressure test
- To show competency on a face mask seal test
- To be able to understand a B.A entry control board
- Perform rapid deployment
- Perform snatch rescue/valve isolation
- Understand basic search procedures
- Introduction (including a safety brief)
- Introduction to the B.A Chamber
- Check PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Medical form
- Introduction to the B.A set
- Cylinder familiarisation and safety checks
- B.A entry control procedures
- Practical drill utilizing the Fire Service B.A Chamber inclusive of competency assessment
- Maintenance and safety checks
- Documentation/recording cylinder use
Recommended for: All staff required to be able to use breathing apparatus to perform an Emergency Response Team Function.
Duration: 3 Days (0830 – 1630)
Certification: Training Portfolio inclusive of updates and assessments included.
Cost: £788 per delegate (plus VAT) Min 6 – Max 8 delegates
A light lunch and refreshments will be provided (please inform us of any dietary requirements)
Training Portfolios with wear/drill logs, assessments and other relevant documents.
Use of BA sets and cylinders
Use of Norfolk Fire & Rescue Service Training Centre ‘BA Chamber’
Note: Due to the physical nature of wearing breathing apparatus, we request that no alcohol is consumed the day previous to the course; and candidates hydrate suitably during the course day.
Delegates will be required to be clean shaven ensuring maximum mask contact and minimum safety requirements are adhered to
Delegates will also be required to complete a medical questionnaire prior to commencing training. Norfolk Safety CIC reserve the right to refuse training should a delegate fail to meet Health & Safety requirements or have a medical condition/issue that could result in potential difficulties when training. (Full charges could apply)