Breathing Apparatus (B.A) – RefresherMake a booking enquiry
The delegate will be able to:-
- Name the basic components of a B.A Set
- Understand the electronic/mechanical gauge
- Understand how to put a B.A cylinder on the set
- To show competency on visual and high pressure tests
- To show competency on a face mask seal test
- To be able to understand and demonstrate the functions of a B.A entry control board
- Perform rapid deployment
- Perform snatch rescue/valve isolation
- Understand basic search procedures
- Undertake a confined space exercise with assessment of competency
- Introduction (including safety brief)
- Check PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Medical form
- Refresher training and assessment (B.A set)
- B.A. entry control procedure competency assessment
- Practical confined space drill utilising the Fire Service B.A chamber inclusive of competency assessment
- Maintenance and safety checks
- Documentation/recording set and cylinder use
Recommended for: All initially trained staff required to use breathing apparatus to perform an Emergency Response Team function
Duration: 1 Day (0830 – 1630)
Certification: Training Portfolio inclusive of updates and assessments included.
Cost: £274 per delegate (plus VAT) Min 6 – Max 8 delegates
A light lunch and refreshments will be provided (please inform us of any dietary requirements)
Training Portfolios with wear/drill logs, assessments and other relevant documents.
Use of BA sets and cylinders
Use of Norfolk Fire & Rescue Service Training Centre ‘BA Chamber’
Note: Due to the physical nature of wearing breathing apparatus, we request that no alcohol is consumed the day previous to the course; and candidates hydrate suitably during the course day.
Delegates will be required to be clean shaven ensuring maximum mask contact and minimum safety requirements are adhered to.
Delegates will also be required to complete a medical questionnaire prior to commencing training. Norfolk Safety CIC reserve the right to refuse training should a delegate fail to meet Health & Safety requirements or have a medical condition/issue that could result in potential difficulties when training. (Full charges could apply)