Breathing Apparatus/Gas Tight SuitsMake a booking enquiry
The delegate will be able to :-
- Understand/demonstrate the functionality of wearing gas tight suits
- Experience the limitations, hazards and techniques when wearing a gas tight suit
- Donning of the gas tight suits
- Doffing of the gas tight suits
- Maintenance of the suit both before and after usage.
- Introduction (including a safety brief)
- Introduction to gas tight suits
- Correct PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Limitations of the gas tight suits
- Introduce students to hot, warm and cold zones
- Decontamination procedures
- Dehydration of wearers
- Run off of contaminated water
- Two practical exercises to show competency wearing B.A and gas tight suits
- Maintenance and aftercare of gas tight suits
Recommended for: All staff competent in breathing apparatus where chemical and gas refrigeration processes are required
Duration: 1 Day (0800 – 1600)
Certification: Training Portfolio inclusive of updates and assessments included.
Cost: £263.00 per delegate (plus VAT) Min 6 – Max 8 delegates
A light lunch and refreshments will be provided (please inform us of any dietary requirements)
Training Portfolios with wear/drill logs, assessments and other relevant documents.
Use of BA sets and cylinders & Gas Tight Suits
Use of Norfolk Fire & Rescue Service Training Centre ‘BA Chamber’
Note: Due to the physical nature of wearing breathing apparatus, we request that no alcohol is consumed the day previous to the course; and candidates hydrate suitably during the course day.
Delegates will be required to be clean shaven ensuring maximum mask contact and minimum safety requirements are adhered to
Delegates will also be required to complete a medical questionnaire prior to commencing training. Norfolk Safety CIC reserve the right to refuse training should a delegate fail to meet Health & Safety requirements or have a medical condition/issue that could result in potential difficulties when training. (Full charges could apply)