Emergency First Aid at Work (Approved Person)Make a booking enquiry
The delegate will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibility of a First Aider
- Manage a first aid incident /emergency
- Identify the level of the first aid required and appropriate course of action
- Be able to administer basic life support techniques
- Effective incident reporting and communication/handover to emergency services
- The roles and responsibility of a First Aider
- Training subjects covered:
- Accident reporting
- Incident reporting
- Cross contamination prevention
- Signs and symptoms
- Minor injuries and foreign objects
- Bleeding & Burns
- Choking & not breathing (practical)
- Stoke (CVA)
- CPR (practical)
- Defibrillation (practical)
- Recovery position (practical)
- First aid kit familiarisation
Recommended For: All staff – and is especially relevant for people nominated as First Aiders in low risk working environments e.g. office and retail
Duration: 1 Day (Approximately 7 hours)
Certification: Meeting the training legislative requirements of the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) a certificate of completion will be awarded. Valid for 2 years. Yearly 1 day refresher training recommended.
Cost: £90.00 per delegate for up to 12 delegates (£1080) plus VAT.
Minimum 8 delegates charged at £112.50 per delegate +VAT
For 1 delegate on an open course the price is £98.00 per delegate plus VAT click here for dates.
All courses have a maximum number of 12 delegates only. This will ensure all delegates receive one to one practical training. Prices include a reference guide to emergency first aid procedures compliant with 2015 Resuscitation Council UK and European Guidelines.
A light lunch and refreshments will be provided (please inform us of any dietary requirements)
Note: Due to the practical nature of this course we recommend that delegates wear flat shoes and trousers