Emergency First Aid at Work (Approved Person)Make a booking enquiry
The Emergency First Aid at Work Course (Approved Person) is aimed at anyone looking to gain a basic level of First Aid training.
The course meets the training legislative requirements of the HSE (Health and Safety Executive). This is an ideal course for those nominated as First Aiders in low risk working environments or recreational settings.
The practical, skills based content of the course ensures delegates acquire the knowledge, skills, understanding and confidence to embed their learnings in daily life.
We offer this course as both an open and closed course. Closed courses are for a minimum of 12 delegates and content can be adapted and tailored to meet specific industry and environmental requirements. Please get in touch here to discuss your organisation’s specific First Aid training requirements.
A certificate of completion will be awarded. Valid for 3 years. Yearly 1 day refresher training recommended.
Following the completion of the Emergency First Aid at Work course, delegates will have the skills and knowledge to confidently:
- Understand the role and responsibility of a First Aider
- Assess an emergency situation and know what to do
- Identify common medical problems/illnesses
- Identify the level of the first aid required and appropriate course of action
- Be able to administer basic life support techniques
- Know how to prevent problems from worsening
- Effective incident reporting and communication/handover to emergency services
- The roles and responsibility of a First Aider
- Assessing an emergency scene
- Training subjects covered:
- Accident reporting
- Incident reporting
- Cross contamination prevention
- Signs and symptoms
- Minor injuries and foreign objects
- Wound dressing (practical)
- Choking & unconscious (practical)
- Choking infant (practical)
- CPR (practical)
- Infant & baby CPR (practical)
- Defibrillation (practical)
- Recovery position (practical)
- First aid kit familiarisation
Recommended For: All staff – especially relevant for people nominated as First Aiders in low risk working environments e.g. office and retail
Duration: 1 Day (Approximately 6.5-7 hours)
Certification: Meeting the training legislative requirements of the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) a certificate of completion will be awarded. Valid for 3 years. Yearly 1 day refresher training recommended.
Cost: £1020 plus VAT for a course for up to 12 delegates (£85 per person + VAT)
For 1 delegate on an open course the price is £85.00 per delegate plus VAT
All courses have a maximum number of 12 delegates only. This ensures all delegates receive one to one practical training.
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day (tea, coffee, biscuits). Please bring your own lunch (a fridge is available for storage).
Note: Due to the practical nature of this course we recommend that delegates wear flat shoes and trousers