Fire Marshal Course (Inclusive of Fire Extinguisher Practical)Make a booking enquiry
Our Fire Marshal course is our most popular training course. Suitable as a refresher course for those who have previously had training or for new Fire Marshals. The course has been delivered to a wide range of companies and organisations within Norfolk and beyond and enables all staff staff to have a basic understanding of fire safety, fire extinguishers and fire fighting equipment, evacuation and the duties of a Fire Marshal. We offer courses for large groups on our premises or the customers premises (at no additional cost). We also offer frequent Open Fire Marshal courses at our training venues in Norfolk for individuals and small groups.
The course is 3 and a half hours and inclusive of 2 year certification and a live fire extinguisher and fire blanket practical session where all delegates will have the chance to use the appropriate fire fighting equipment on a live fire.
Available at the Norfolk Fire & Rescue Service Training Centre in Bowthorpe, your local fire station or on your premises.
The delegate will be able to:
- Understand and recognise the hazards posed by small fires.
- Implement the correct emergency procedure.
- Select the appropriate extinguisher and operate it correctly.
- Recognise unsafe practices with regard to means of escape, fire warning and fire fighting equipment.
- Fire Extinguishers (practical)
- Fire blankets (practical)
- Basic first aid and dealing with a person on fire (burns)
- Process of fire and fire development
- When and how to fight a fire
- Door opening procedure
- Identifying fire hazards
- Control measures Fire legislation
- Induction procedure
- Evacuation Procedures
- Outdoor practical session – delegates extinguishing fires using different types of extinguishers and a fire blanket.
Recommended For: Trainee Fire Marshals with responsibility of evacuations and advisable for all staff as part of their fire training requirements ensuring cover is maintained and employee awareness.
Duration: Approximately 3 hours
Certification: A certificate of attendance will be awarded (2 year certification)
Cost: Individual delegate rate @ £67.50 plus VAT for OPEN Courses
Discounted rate of £675.00 plus VAT block booking for up to 12 delegates this can be held on our premises or the customers premises. Any additional delegates up to a maximum of 15 will be charged at the single delegate rate (£67.50 +VAT)
For individuals and small groups we hold monthly open courses for our upcoming dates please click here.
Note: Due to the practical nature of this course we recommend that delegates wear flat shoes, trousers and long-sleeved tops.