Fire Marshal Plus Timber Frame CLT Construction (RG Carter)Make a booking enquiry
Bespoke course developed for RG Carter Construction
To enable the delegate to carry out the duties of a Fire Marshal with specific knowledge of Timber Framed and Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) fire safety requirements.
We have developed bespoke courses in Fire Marshal/Warden, First Aid, Spill Kit Training, Fire Risk Assessment, Evac Chair and Emergency Response Team courses (Breathing Apparatus, Team Leader, Trauma Care, Skills Assessments/training) for many companies and organisations nationally such as: British Sugar, NHS, Kettle Foods, Unilever, Trading Standards, Highways England, Norfolk County Council, RG Carter and more. If you require a bespoke/tailored course and wish to discuss your specific needs please don’t hesitate to contact us
The delegate will be able to:-
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the specific requirements, role and duties of a Timber Framed Construction Fire Marshal
- Gain an understanding of fire safety, hazards and risk reduction in Timber Framed & CLT construction
- Understand the management of a fire situation on a Timber Framed/CLT project
- Gain knowledge of legislative and operational fire safety requirements/procedures.
- Nature of fire & fire development on a timber framed site
- Construction specific Fire Marshal duties
- Site Security against arson
- Structural Timber Association (STA) 16 Steps to Fire Safety
- Timber Framed Categories and safe working practices
- Identifying fire hazards and precautions on a site plan (Practical)
- Fire Risk Assessments and Construction Fire Plans (RG Carter specific)
- Case Study
- Actions in the event of a fire
Fire Marshals with specific responsibility for Timber Framed Construction site(s) who have attended a Norfolk Safety, Fire Marshal course. This is required as there is no practical training on the use of Fire Extinguishers on this course.
Duration: 4 hours
Certification: A certificate of completion will be awarded.
Cost: £772 + VAT for up to 12 delegates
Includes: Practical based exercises and a copy of the STA Site Safe 16 Steps to Fire Safety document. A certificate of completion will be awarded.