Fire Safety, Evacuation Procedures and Evac-Chair PracticalMake a booking enquiry
The delegate will be able to :-
- Assess a situation to ensure their own safety
- Be aware of the activation of your fire alarm system
- Understand fire alarm panel awareness – including reset
- Undertake contact protocol for the Emergency Services
- Understand procedural activity on fire alarm activation
- Identify appropriate equipment allocation when responding to the area of the fire/alarm
- Take appropriate action with door procedures
- Take appropriate action when considering your evacuation procedure
- Understand and perform horizontal evacuation procedures
- Use an evac-chair including staircase (practical) ensuring rescue safety procedures are identified according to need
- Introduction – including a safety brief
- Premises fire alarm procedures
- Awareness of fire alarm system
- Practical demonstration of evac-chair
- Carry out a fire scenario practical exercise
Recommended for: All staff – Maximum 8 delegates. Minimum 6 delegates.
Duration: Approximately 3.5 hours
Certification: A certificate of completion will be awarded.
Cost: Min 6 – Max 8 delegates at £89.25 per delegate (plus VAT)
A tested evac-chair and suitable staircase
Premises own fire procedures
Suitable Training room for the number of delegates
Due to the practical nature of this course we recommend that delegates wear flat shoes and trousers. Trainers must be made aware at the start of the course, whether students are able to complete the practical side of the course. This course can be tailored to include a specific industry sector according to your industry requirements i.e. residential care, office, industrial etc.
We would recommend that the course is best suited to be delivered from your own premises however, Bowthorpe Training Centre venue is available for this course should it not be possible.